Fisheries Magazine – July 2015
|Want to Receive Fisheries Magazine Every Month for Free?!
Become a member of the Society! Why?
Membership helps the North Carolina Chapter!
• provides your Chapter rebates • helps process your chapter refunds • assists with chapter membership queries
Your Benefits? Plenty!
Society Membership means you’ll:
• receive Fisheries magazine each month • enjoy special savings on subscriptions to AFS published books
The Society needs your support. Won’t you join us today? Click to learn more!
• Silt Happens…Literally
• Point-Counterpoint: Be Flexible in the Number of Talks per Speaker at Meetings!
• The 63rd Annual Business Meeting of the Northeastern Division
• The 2013–2014 Fenske Fellowship: Learning the Ins and Outs of Lake Whitefish Management in the Upper Great Lakes
• West Virginia University AFS Student Subunit Leads a Citizen Science Program
• Bluegill Can Be Managed More Effectively with Bag Limits!
• Probiotics Show Promise for Aquaculture
• More Evidence That Plant-Based Feeds Can Support Sustainable Aquaculture
• Using a Video Lander to Assess Difficult Marine Habitats
• Support Solutions to California’s Drought Issues: Modeling Suggests Ways to Conserve Chinook Salmon in the Face of Water Diversion
• Climate Change Adaptation and Restoration of Western Trout Streams: Opportunities and Strategies
• Adaptación al cambio climático y restauración de los ríos occidentales para la trucha: oportunidades y estrategias
• Smartphones Reveal Angler Behavior: A Case Study of a Popular Mobile Fishing Application in Alberta, Canada
• Teléfonos inteligentes revelan comportamiento de pescadores: el caso de estudio en Alberta, Canadá, de una aplicación para teléfono móvil
… and more!
To access the June 2015 Fisheries magazine :
- Members either click here to go directly to Taylor and Francis
click here and sign in, then on the green, right hand menu you will see members only > members only links!
Not a member yet? Click here and learn the benefits of joining the American Fisheries Society (AFS)—the world’s oldest and largest organization dedicated to strengthening the fisheries profession, advancing fisheries science, and conserving fisheries resources