Fisheries Magazine – Oct 2015
|Want to Receive Fisheries Magazine Every Month for Free?!
Become a member of the Society! Why?
Membership helps the North Carolina Chapter!
• provides your Chapter rebates • helps process your chapter refunds • assists with chapter membership queries
Your Benefits? Plenty!
Society Membership means you’ll:
• receive Fisheries magazine each month • enjoy special savings on subscriptions to AFS published books
The Society needs your support. Won’t you join us today? Click to learn more!
In this Issue:
• President’s Column
The Significance of Gasoline Taxes to Fisheries
• Policy Column
A Blue-Ribbon Effort to Identify Creative Financing
Q&A with Ivy Baremore
• Student Angle
How to Establish a Student Subunit
• If You Want Better Recruitment Estimates, Stratify Your Sampling by Habitat
• Your Favorite Microbrew May Support Fish Production
• Assays Are Important but Not Simple to Create
• Mechanical Eradication of Invasive Fish Species Can Be Effective
• Timing is Everything during Salmon Migration in Estuaries
• Prevalence of Aquatic Introduced Species Prevention Protocols at U.S. College and University Fisheries Programs
• Action Cameras: Bringing Aquatic and Fisheries Research into View
• Is a Global Quantitative Assessment of Shark Populations Warranted?
… and more!
To access the June 2015 Fisheries magazine :
- Members either click here to go directly to Taylor and Francis
click here and sign in, then on the green, right hand menu you will see members only > members only links!
Not a member yet? Click here and learn the benefits of joining the American Fisheries Society (AFS)—the world’s oldest and largest organization dedicated to strengthening the fisheries profession, advancing fisheries science, and conserving fisheries resources