Power Companies, Tribe, Agencies Sign Conservation Agreement For Rare Sucker
Power companies, the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians, and state and federal agencies came together this Tuesday to sign a Candidate Conservation Agreement to conserve the Sicklefin Redhorse, an undescribed Moxostoma species found in only six Appalachian counties worldwide and being considered for the federal endangered species list.
- Gary Peeples, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; 828/258-3939, ext. 234; [email protected]
- Mike LaVoie, Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians; 828/554-6113; [email protected]
- Steve Fraley, N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission; 828/558-6015; [email protected]
- Steve Johnson, Duke Energy Carolinas; 704/382-4240; [email protected]
- Jessica Coleman, Tennessee Valley Authority, 423/751-4480; [email protected]
- Rick Lavender, Georgia Department of Natural Resources; 706/557-3327; [email protected]