Call For 2016 NC/VA AFS Annual Meeting Abstracts
2016 Joint Meeting of the NC & VA Chapters of the American Fisheries Society
Institute for Advanced Learning and Research Conference Center
Danville, VA – March 15-17, 2016
Students and professionals are now invited to submit presentation abstracts for oral presentation at our 2016 Annual Chapter Meeting, held in conjunction with the VA Chapter. Topics addressing any aspect of fisheries and related aquatic sciences are welcomed, including, but not limited to, management, research, conservation, outreach and education. Presentations will be limited to 20 minutes (including a question & answer period).
- In keeping with recent meetings, a Continuing Education workshop (Conservation Genetics) will be held on Tuesday afternoon, March 15th.
- There will be oral and poster presentations and separate Virginia and North Carolina Chapter business meetings on March 17th.
- Final presentations will be on the afternoon of March 17th.
- Since our venue is located on the Dan River, scene of a major coal ash spill in 2014, we will also host a symposium on impacts and ongoing assessment and recovery actions.
How to submit an abstract:
- Complete the attached abstract submission form (click icon to download):
- Attach the abstract submission form to an email with the subject line “Joint AFS Meeting 2016 Abstract”.
- Email the form to BOTH VA Chapter Program Committee Chair Craig Roghair at [email protected]s.fed.us AND to NC Program Committee Chair Mike Gangloff at [email protected].
- Submit your abstract by January 15, 2016.
- Authors will be notified of abstract receipt/acceptance by January 31, 2016.
- Abstracts submitted after the deadline may be presented as a poster.